Designer Frames & Precision Lenses
Find your perfect match at Fairbury Vision Center.
The right eyewear balances form and function. You want to look great, feel great, and see clearly in every condition. Fairbury Vision Center can help you find your match.
Our optical studio features a curated collection of designer frames and precision lenses. Your eyes deserve the best, and our experienced team can help you find it.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options for lenses?
There are many eyeglass lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common eyeglass lens types:
- Transitions® lenses – These Light Intelligent LensesTM are made of dynamic materials that automatically adjust to the level of surrounding light. They block out 100% of UV rays and are practical for those with active lifestyles who spend time both indoors and outdoors. Transitions now feature quicker transitioning time, 7 unique colors & 6 new mirror tints.
- Anti-glare lenses – Anti-glare lenses are dipped in a special material to make them less reflective than regular eyeglass lenses. This coating also improves vision clarity because light is better focused. Anti-glare coating is a must to help with cosmesis, glare from screens, and night driving.
- Thinner lenses – These special polycarbonate lenses are lighter and thinner so that the eyeglass profile is more attractive. Our opticians can advise on the right high-index product for your prescription strength.
- Anti-fatigue lenses – Anti-fatigue lenses are designed with a reading boost in the bottom portion of the lens. This boost helps to relieve eyestrain, fatigue, and mild headaches associated with focusing. We commonly prescribe these lenses for students, gamers, or professionals who spend a lot of time doing near work or computer work.
- Blue-blocking lenses – Blue-blocking lenses lessen the amount of harmful blue light that enters the eyes. Blue light is emitted from computer screens and sunlight and can be a cause of eyestrain, disrupted sleep/Circadian rhythm, and likely impacts macular health over time. Blue-blocking lenses are advised for those who spend a lot of time on a computer or smart phone.
- Progressive lenses – Progressive lenses are designed for individuals who need different lens strengths at distance and near (generally those over 40 years old). Progressive lenses are the best everyday option as the lens has areas for distance, intermediate, and near. There is a gradual power change in different zones of the lens, so there is no need for a line as would be the case of a traditional bifocal.
- Computer lenses – Computer lenses expand the useful area of the lens that’s in focus for arm’s length tasks. This allows for clearer and more comfortable use with a computer screen or even multiple computer screens than a traditional progressive lens. This lens is ideal for an office work environment and is recommend for adults who spend a couple hours or more on a computer daily.
- UV coated lenses – UV coating can be applied to regular eyeglasses unless the lens is made with polycarbonate. UV coated lenses look like any other lens – the coating is transparent.
- Scratch-resistant coating – A transparent coating that helps protects lenses from those annoying scratches. Scratch-resistant coating is especially useful for children’s eyeglasses.
- Polarized sunglass lenses – Polarization reduces glare from surfaces such as water, pavement, snow, and glass. The result is clearer, sharper vision for driving, sports, and general outdoor activities.
Your lenses undergo quality manufacturing by Midland Optical (St. Louis) & rigorous quality testing to ensure they are made correctly. Your lenses are designed to last & serve you well.
Our Premium Lens Packages include a generous 2 year/2 time replacement.
Our Basic Lens Packages include a 1 year/1 time replacement.
Insure your frame purchase with our Frame Warranty: Only $25 for one year. We will replace your frame at no cost for any damage or breakage.
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Fairbury Vision Center offers comprehensive eye exams at our office. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a comprehensive eye exam at Fairbury Vision Center now.